Thursday, December 18, 2008

History of Christian Thought: 19th and 20th Centuries

As my sabbatical draws, jarringly, to a close, I'm beginning to anticipate, not only the Christmas holiday coming up, but next quarter as well. I'm looking forward to co-teaching a couple of courses, one of which (Contextual Theologizing) I'll say more about another time. The other is History of Christian Thought: 19th and 20th centuries, with Chris Armstrong, Bethel Seminary's premiere (and only) Church Historian. For your viewing pleasure I've posted here the list of primary source readings we put together (along with the help of our superb T.A.'s Dave Mowers and Michael Cline). After reading the selections on this list, I'd say there is a good chance you'll have a decent grasp of the overlay of modern and contemporary theology. (The order of the list is a bit hodge-podge, for the moment).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have often wondered if its better to read a little of a lot of different things or to read closely just a few serious texts...